We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty at this time surrounding the Coronavirus, so we would like to keep customers informed with the situation at Wheelie Bin Storage Direct.
We are following government guidelines and have social distancing measures in place. The safety of all our staff and customers is paramount.
Table of Contents
Current Lead Times
Last updated October 1st, 2020.
Due to high demand, we are currently operating on a lead time of 12-16 weeks. Please see below for frequently asked questions around payments and deposits.
All the bin stores are made, to order in the UK, but after an influx of orders during the lockdown period, at a time when manufacturing capabilities were reduced along with supply chain disruptions, this has created a very large backlog.
The end result is that the number of storage units that can be produced per day while maintaining high-quality control is diminished, and our current lead times reflect that.
While lead times may be normalised later in the year this is currently uncertain and we will update this post frequently with delivery times and any other related news on a regular basis.
We are still open at our regular hours and we want to give you peace of mind that it is still safe to shop with us. We thank both prospective and existing customers for your patience during this period.
Frequently Asked Questions
12-16 weeks, that is a long time!
We agree it less than ideal, but unfortunately, the circumstances are beyond our control. An unprecedented level of demand and the current working environment has produced the perfect storm for longer lead times. We are working extremely hard to keep customers informed, respond to enquiries rapidly, and ensure all customers receive the high-quality product they expect.
Can I Still Order?
Yes, however, given the lead times are now extended, we have rolled out the option for customers to put down a 20% refundable deposit on their bin store. The remaining 80% will be due when the store is close to entering production. You will be sent a payment reminder and instructions on how to pay the amount by credit/debit card or PayPal.
The 20% deposit provides you a slot in the production queue, and as soon as your deposit is received your order will join the back of the queue.
Is the deposit refundable?
Yes, the deposit is refundable, but there is a flat £10 fee on all cancellations. For example, if you ordered a Bellus Triple Wheelie Bin Store at £349.99, you would pay a £70 deposit. If you decided to cancel, you'd receive £60 back. This is to cover payment fees and the additional admin work of managing this deposit service.
When will the remaining amount be due?
We will send you an invoice for the remaining 80% approximately 14-16 days before delivery. You will have 7 days to pay the remaining amount. A failure to do so will result in your order being cancelled and your bin store will be allocated to the next person who ordered the same item. You will receive a refund of your initial deposit minus the £10 cancellation fee.
I paid in full a few weeks ago but would have preferred to pay a deposit, is it possible to change?
We rolled out the deposit offering on 24th of June, and we won't be allowing customers who paid in full to retrospectively change to a 20% deposit. If you have an existing order, you are free to cancel and then reorder, but you will lose your spot in the production queue.
Do you think the lead time will come down?
This is possible but depends on a number of factors and we don't want to start setting unrealistic expectations around delivery times. They are currently 18-20 weeks and that should be the expectation right now. Any reductions in the lead time will be updated on the website immediately.
I want to place an order but can you speed up delivery if I pay extra?
This is not an option we offer. All orders are manufactured chronologically as this is the fairest way to operate and ensures a level playing field for all customers. Any order placed is processed and then entered into the queue for production, with the newest orders joining the back of the queue.
I would rather wait until lead times are normalised before I order at all, can you email me?
Yes, use the form below and we'll email you with updates on lead times when they are back to normal levels later in the year. This is purely an update notification service, there is no obligation to order, you aren't joining a queue and we won't be sending any other marketing materials.
I have already placed an order, when will it be delivered?
Please use our live chat during working hours or submit a ticket outside working hours and we'll get back to you. Depending on when your order was placed we will be able to provide a delivery day, a narrower delivery window or an estimate of when it will enter production and be ready for dispatch. We are working hard to ensure all customers receive their product as close to the lead time they were informed of when ordering.